Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Friday, November 23, 2007

We are attending adoptive families get together

As I had said before we live in a small town in India, it is difficult to interact with other adoptive families. I know quite a few adoptive families in our town but many do not want to have such interactions because many are afraid of not knowing how to deal with the message of adoption of their own family.

There’s an adoptive family association in Bangalore called “Sudatta” (In Sanskrit, Su means ‘good’ and Datta means ‘adoption’) and they are celebrating 10 year anniversary on Saturday and we are going to attend it. As per their invitation, they have lot of activities planned for adoptive families and prospective adoptive families.

For the little kids, they have planned an exciting story telling program for the entire day and I am excited for my kids. We’ve already talked to our girls and they are very excited about the storytelling session. They are looking forward to meeting other adoptive kids for the first time in India. We had attended “India Camp” for two years that was hosted by our adoption agency in the US and met lot of families but my kids were too little then but we feel this is a good time to attend something like this.

Personally I am looking forward to meeting many other families that I had only communicated through email and I am eager to put a face to their name. I am also looking forward to a presentation of an adult adoptee that is going to talk about the role of her father in her upbringing.

Hopefully I can write more about this get-together tomorrow.

RN

No comments: