Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

I am so thankful today but.....

Today is a thanksgiving day in the United States of America. In India, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving day like the Americans do but I think everyone of us are very thankful for who we are and what we have. For our family, it is a second thanksgiving outside the United States. What I used to like about the thanksgiving in the US is the spirit of celebration and thankfulness.

About for my family and for myself we have so many things that we could be thankful about for the past one year. Our health, work, children and families etc. The list is long. I want to highlight a little about my girls though. In this past year, they have grown so much, there's maturity in them. They are growing up to be fun loving beautiful kids. I cannot think of anything other than them and them alone along with my wife.

I know I am thankful to so many people but my question to myself this morning is this: Am I a source of thankfulness to any? Admittedly, I am having difficulty to think and contrary to the list above this list is stuck at the first line itself. Do I want to help people? Absolutely, so why am I not helping any? may be I have too little. I guess I think of helping peole with my heart but give with my head.

As much as I have reasons to celebrate and thankful for, I want to be a source of celebration and thankfulness to others in the coming year. I hope and I am sure you do have many things and people that you're thankful about and I wish you a very happy thanksgiving day.

RN

No comments: