Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Friday, April 02, 2010

April 1st

On most days people who like to be sarcastic or joke around may say something to you or ask you a question and you respond with the chance of looking foolish, but yet wanting to be honest.....


if they are indeed being sincere. Sometimes you end up figuring out if they were being true or if they were just trying to have some fun with you, but sometimes you don’t and you remain clueless. This isn’t always so fun, I know because I have a cousin from Texas who likes to joke and be sarcastic. Don't worry, I'm not mad at him.
Well, some of you may be familiar with April 1 in America. If not, you may or may not, learn in a not so fun way that we call it April Fools Day, where people like to play pranks on others or tell really big whoppers.
Growing up this was always fun in school, especially when we knew we could pick on a teacher or two and they let us get away with it. I always tried to trick my dad on this day, because I knew he would be looking for it and it was so hard to fool him that it would be the heights if I could get him to fall for something. Even today, at home, my son told a whopper to my daughter, and she believed it for awhile, till I reminded her what day it was. As a kid this was really fun.
You may be asking, "What does this have to do with adoption?" Nothing really, I just thought it would be a nice twist to share some American culture today. Hope your April Fools Day is/was a fun one.


No comments: