Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Potty Time

Well, my little girl is sure growing up. All of a sudden she is talking so much more and using sentences. The other day she came up to me with her arms held out and said, “Want a hug?” I said, “Yes!” She sure does know how to melt her Amma’s heart.

She is full of why questions too and surprised me once by saying, “I’m borrrr” Which means I am bored. My baby is only two, I can’t believe she is saying this already. She used it when I asked her to go to the potty. When she says that she is borrr it means that she doesn’t want to do it. We are in the midst of potty training and are doing so-so. She will tell me she has to go when we are out at the stores but not at home. What is it about public bathrooms that all kids have to check out?? I have been trying to work on this with her but only a few times will she tell me when she has to go.

I have been taking her about every hour and it mostly seems to work, but if I forget or if she has to go in between then I get to clean up the mess. Some other mothers had advised me to try this: If she goes in her underwear then take her into the bathroom and wash her with water that is just a little colder than she would like and it would break her of it. I Thought I might try this and know that in India you wash after going anyway so it might be a good thing. When I washed her she said it was cold. Then she said, “Thank you”. She is so sweet and I don’t know what to do but to just keep taking her in every hour and wait till she gets it.

The other mothers said their children were trained in only three days with this method. I bought her princess underwear so she wouldn’t want to wet them but it doesn’t seem to bother her and we just put on dry ones. She will mostly go in and try, it is just that she doesn’t want to tell me when she has to go. Any suggestions?

No comments: