Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Monday, July 28, 2008

India Trip- Day 5





Today we did some shopping on Gandhi road. It was a lot of fun to see all the shops and find things I had been looking for: a sari, PJ's, toys, and some trinkets for Sananda. I heard someone say that they wanted to give their child something from India for each birthday, I thought that was a great idea, so I am trying to accumulate a trinket of some sort to give to our daughter for each year.

We had lunch at a small Indian Restaurant along the shops, it was really good. I am glad they had diet water there! It should help me to drop some pounds on this trip.) The pictures of different Gods in the restaurant is so typical of how India

accepts to worship many at the same time. They are welcoming of other religions here as long as you don't put theirs down.

After a rest we stayed at the HOPE Housee with the girls for supper and played with the girls. I brought some chalk along for chalk drawings. The chalk writing above in the pictures says, "Lynda Aunty". I thought it was so special that one of the girls wrote it out and I had to get a picture.

No comments: