Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Expressing your love in actions

Parents tell their children “I love you” many times in a day but seldom our children see those words translated into actions. Children do see that their parents provide for them on a day-to-day basis but they need to see something more than that to see that they are special to their parents.

Yesterday was the day of my daughter’s dance competition. She chose to do Dora dance and it has to be for two minutes maximum. Mom helped her to practice for more than a week and the day came and guess what?? She forgot to take her to costume and CD to school.

For the past ten days I had been busy with a group of friends from the US visiting the HOPE House and I would be gone for most of the day and yesterday was no different. I got a call around 11:00 AM that she forgot her stuff and she needs it by lunchtime. I had to juggle my schedule a bit but decided to go and give the costume and CD to Lydia at school. I came home and mom wanted to go with me and I couldn’t be happier.

When we met the teacher and explained the situation she was happy and asked us to wait to meet as they went out for physical education class. Teacher also was surprised that I could come because my daughter had already told the teacher that I wouldn’t be able to come to the school because of our volunteer group from the USA.

From a distance my daughter saw us and was very surprised to see both of us. She came running and gave many hugs to us. Mom explained to her what’s what in the bag. She gave us many kisses and told us that she is very happy that we came to give her the stuff. I was glad that she was happy.

I couldn’t think of anything that would come above my children and at the end it was only a delay of 20 minutes on the whole in schedule and it was well worth it to let my daughter know how important and special she is to both of us.

Do something out of the routine to let your children know that you love them through your actions and that hopefully will make an impression to last a lifetime for your child.

Do you have something to share about your child? Write to indiahopehouse@gmail.com

Ruby

No comments: