Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

We are one!

Recently I was looking at an article that showed an adoptive family in the U.S. who have adopted children of different shades and ethnic backgrounds. Their family is a colorful one and it is beautiful. I had also read an article about a girl being burned because she was of a lower caste, this really saddened me.

Correct me if I am wrong but I guess that also ment that she had darker skin coloring. Even if not, I think people should start seeing others as they really are-one race. I don’t believe that people are from different races, but from different cultures/ethnic backgrounds, and just have different shades of skin . When we were waiting for our referral of our daughter from India, I really didn’t mind what shade of skin that she would have. I have seen darker skinned and lighter skinned babies both come home from the agency that we used. I just knew that our new daughter would be beautiful and we would have taken her from any area of India, and at any shade she came in, and she is just that-beautiful.
I hope those who are thinking of adopting will consider what I have said from my heart and not care what others think if we match our children’s skin, shade wise or not. They are all just as precious as the next. It is our job as adoptive parents to educate others on the fact that these children we bring home are wonderful just the way they are and that they fit our families perfectly, no matter what shade we all are.

No comments: