Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Life is short

Several years ago when a mutual friend asked if I would be interested in volunteering to man a booth at Steven Curtis Chapman (a Grammy award winning Christian artist) concert, I didn’t think twice about it and said ‘YES’ because I knew that he is an adoptive father and raises funds in his concerts for the couples that cannot afford foreign adoptions.

I was given a free T-shirt for volunteering and it said “Shohannah’s hope” to remember the artist’s one of three adoptive daughters from China. Yesterday, I got a mail from another friend with most devastating news. One of Steven Curtis Chapman’s adoptive daughters died in a car accident.

I still have that T-shirt and I was wearing it just yesterday. How tragic it is to lose a child? I cannot even comprehend this. If you have a little one at home, don’t let this day pass by without you telling them how much you love them. Life is short, don’t let it pass on you.

If you like to read this news, click here.

Don't miss the Youtube video clip at the end of the article.
Ruby

No comments: