Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thoughts of You

Below is a poem that I wrote about a year ago to our little girl, while waiting for the judge to sign guardianship papers. Can't believe it has been that long ago already. It is so wonderful to be on this side of getting her home.

Thoughts of You

How hard it is to wait for you, my dear,
Every inch seems a mile, every minute an hour,
Yes, the time to come to get you is getting very near.

Today we go to Devon Ave.,
To buy some Indian clothes to wear,
The sights and sounds will be delicious,
As I dream of your homeland,
I wonder what you are doing now there,
I hope the Ayahs are loving you,
And taking of you such good care.

I wish I were the one holding you,
And smelling your freshly cleaned hair,
Baby smells are the best,
As it reminds us of a life so brand new,
One so innocent and precious in our dear Lord’s care.

I hope upon this new year,
That we will be together soon,
That the judge will quickly sign the papers,
That will prompt our arrival soon,
When you get here you will learn,
Of so many new things,
Like how to eat with a spoon.

But we will help you to keep your Indian culture,
You are a gift so precious to us from above,
For we love who and what you are.

Love, Mommy





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great thought in the poem straight out of the heart!