Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Monday, October 08, 2007

CARA Inaugration

Well I reached the spot by 4:30 PM and by then registration had began. I collected my handout and the name tag to go to into the conference hall. I walked around meeting so many people I had communicated only online and never met them. I had gotten to meet Judy Kloper, Deb Drier, Beth Peterson, and of course my adoption agency representative and our family friend Jynger Robters. I also met lot of Indian friends Aloma Lobo, Nomita Chandy, Anju of Kolkata and Radha Nagesh. I could only say hello to Dr. Jagannath Pati and J.K. Mittal of CARA as they were so busy organizing the conference.

Jynger and I sat together and caught with lot of things till 6:30 PM. By then our Chief Guest arrived and the program began. It was a quick and a simple program. After the program got over, there was cultural program followed by Dinner.
Conference registration in the lobby:

Conference hall decked up in lights:


The podium of the conference:


Cultural program:

No comments: