Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tackling PADS

Adoption Discussion # 12

When I heard the phrase "Post Adoption Depression Syndrome" or PADS for the first time, I was quite surprised that it even exists. I thought that adoption is all about making choices. One consciously makes all the decisions so where is the possibility for such a thing? Well....apparantly it does and it is quite rampant.

I want to ask you if you had experienced anything like this? I don't think many prospective adoptive parents have heard about it. If it is not too much to ask, could you please share your experiences of how you tackled this?

I know it is rather personal and private topic to discuss in public but if your experience could be an assett to someone else, would you share it? This platform is all about empowring others. If it makes you comfortable, feel free to post your comments as "anonymous".

RN

No comments: