Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I am being appointed.

To the Child Welfare Committee

I am humbled and honored to be asked to serve as a member of Child Welfare Committee (CWC) of Vellore and Thiruvannamalai districts. This is supposedly a strong position to make a difference in terms of child rights.

Our team has five members and I will be attending meetings three times a week ranging from two and two and a half hours each time. In each meeting, the team has to depose of files pertaining to the care and protection of children. I will be given an identity card issued by the commissioner of social defense with which I can intervene anywhere in our district anything to do with child care and protection.

I hope I can make a difference.

No comments: