Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Adoption Q and A # 14

I am a person of certain faith in India and I have adopted a child. I heard an argument that I must not force my child to follow my religion….Is that correct?

If you have adopted a child legally, child belongs to you.

Try this trick on whoever told you this: Ask them this question: Who decides about the medications for their child when their child is sick? If they say “Adults” then you can logically reason it to them that if health issues are decided by adults (for child lacking knowledge on medications), why not religion?

They may be implying that the child does not belong to you and your religion cannot be forced. Refer them to the first statement of this answer.

[Click here] to read more adoption Q and A. Have a question? [Click here] to write to us.

No comments: