Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Adoption Q and A # 13

I live in India and I am an adoptive mother. I don't see any reason why I should disclose about adoption to my child. She is my child and I love her dearly. What is the necessity to disclose when I love her so much? Isn't that being cruel?

I always believed that there's no right or wrong answer to this topic (disclosure of truth about adoption). My answer (or your answer for that matter) is only relative based on my belief system and it need not match any one's.

Love and Truth are two parallels and neither of them supersedes the other. When you attempt to put one in front of the other it is like figuring out if chicken or egg came first. So they must go hand in hand. Love them dearly (as you're already doing) and allow them to understand the truth in a way that they can comprehend. Don't talk to a child like an adult about this but go to their level (being age appropriate is very important) and they understand it well.

[Click here] to read more adoption Q and A. Have a question? [Click here] to write to us.

No comments: