Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Saturday, May 01, 2010

A Heart Warming Day

I had two conversations with my daughter recently. She told me that there is a little girl in India and that we should get her. She said, “She has brown skin and black hair like me.” Then she said she would share the girl with me and that she would share her clothes with her as well.

I was surprised and so I said, “Oh really”. I was curious what else she was thinking so I asked her, “What about a boy? She said, “Yes, there’s 3 of them.” Now, I’m just waiting for God to open the humongous doors if He wants me to make the move.

The second conversation must have come about because she was contemplating adoption. She asked, “Did you miss me while I was in India?” I was thinking, Oh Baby, if you only knew how much! I told her “Yes, I missed you a lot!” She said, “I missed you when you were in America, and when you were in India” That surely warmed my heart, how sweet this little child. I responded that I missed her too when I was in India. Then I thought it was interesting that we had both missed each other when she was in India and America and when I was in India and America, on opposite sides of the world without each other.
After that last conversation, we had, a song came on the radio that we are both very familiar with. It was the one that I listened to so much while waiting so impatiently for my little sweetheart to come home. It was “Smile”, by Chris Rice. Some of the words are “I just want to be with you, just want this waiting to be over” and it ends with” finally get to see you smile”. I thought the song finished off our conversations very sweetly.

No comments: