Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Isn’t love selfish?

It was 2:20 AM, and my class had just returned from Taj Mahal. My roommate and I started to talk and during our conversation, he said that he loves his work so much so that he told his fiancée one day that he likes his work more than her. I decided to change my hat from a room mate to a counselor.

I asked him if he knew for sure that his fiancée loves him with all her heart. He replied and said “Yes” but then I countered him by asking “Why should she”? He wasn’t expecting the kind of conversation he became quiet to listen to what I had to say.

I point blank told him that it is offensive to tell his fiancée that there’s something that he loves more than her. It is an investment that unless and until he cares enough to nurture, it will wither and die. He kept nodding his head in agreement.

I gave him some pointers about nurturing his love for her and told him that they are bound to have problems and he should be prepared to handle with needed gentleness. I went on and on and he just listened. We both of us looked at our watches and it was 4:00 AM. In agreement, we decided to hit the bed.

No comments: