Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Three Little Words

Recently, I read of a book that is a story of a young woman who was adopted out of foster care. The title of the book is, "Three Little Words". In it tells...
that as she would deepen her relationship with her adoptive mom she would want to recreate some of the moments that she missed, including being craddled as a baby.
My little girl has been playing with me, a You be Mommy/I be Baby, game she made up, where I hold her and we connect in a snuggly way, she is usually craddled in my arms. After hearing about this story I can't help but wonder if this is what she is up to, if so, it truly touches my heart. The past couple of weeks she has been acting needier than normal and getting into all kinds of things, I suppose to get the extra attention. This usually happens when she is not feeling well, but I don't see any signs of her becoming sick. I don't mind giving the extra attention, but enjoy it, and now that I know there may be even a deeper meaning to this game than I thought it makes me heart even happier. So, instead of thinking there is a problem with her acting up, I think this all shows that there is a trust between us, which is a very important and basic attribute in any relationship for it to deepen.
Just now she asked me for my pen, as I gave it to her she says, " Your my best friend, mom". One of the best rewards a mom can get!

No comments: