Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Children Need Time

This morning as I was trying to do some things that I wanted to do when my daughter came up to me and asked for me to take her to the restroom. She has been going on her own without help for quite some time now.

I really wanted to do what I was doing, this is usually when your kids may ask for something, but knew that recently my little girl has had a few accidents so instead of telling her to go on her own I got up to take her even though I was missing out on something important to me. When she was through she wanted me to read her some books, I obliged and we really both enjoyed our time. When you put your children above your wants your love for them actually grows and it makes them feel even more secure.

I have decided to do some spring cleaning, but more than usual. I am clearing out of the house anything that I really don’t need. The clutter is more than I want to look at and the things in storage just plain don’t need to be there anymore. As I was going through some bins I ran across some old school papers of my children. Since I homeschool them I have more papers sitting around here than most parents. It is hard to throw away the daily work they did as it gives me a record that they actually did the work and I love to see their drawings, and the things they wrote. I really don’t need the records anymore as they are much older but it is hard to get rid of the papers that show their personality and such. I found some crafts they had made to help them develop their creative side ,Mother’s Day cards they made and some letters they had written to me. I found it interesting that most of the letters are asking me to do things with them. Even though I was home all day with them and taught them and spent most of my time with them, they still want the attention.

My whole point is to spend time with your kids, whether you are teaching them something or just having fun together, it is one of the most valuable things you can do for them and when you look back on your life you won’t regret it. Time with your children is more important to them than you know and it truly is great fun, definitely a win-win situation.

No comments: