Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Another Connection

I ordered a video off the internet that shows basic pictures and then says the name of what they are showing in our daughter’s Indian language. Even though she doesn’t speak it, I thought it would be fun for her to hear it and see pictures of the Indian children on the TV.



My husband and I were sitting watching this video with her the other night and she looked up at me with a smile and said, “Looks like me.” I smiled back at her and said, “Yes, it does”.
I also had bought another video on my trip to Southern India last summer. This one was in Tamil, as that is the language spoken in that area. Even though we couldn’t understand lots of what was spoken on it we could get the drift of what was going on by the actions and a few words that sounded like English. The fun part was when they kept saying a word that sounded like our daughter Sananda’s name. When they said this my little one got a huge smile on her face and it tickled her so much that she covered her mouth and looked up at me again. She truly thinks they are saying her name and it really does sound like it.
I smiled at her and in my heart during both of these videos and was so glad that I picked them out for her. I think we enjoyed watching these as much as Sananda did and am glad that we found another way to keep her connected to her Indian heritage.

No comments: