Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Sponsorship

This site is usually reserved for talk about adoption and our families blessed to be living it, but today I wanted to post on sponsorship. There are many people discussing the movie “Slumdog Millionarie” and even more since it came made it to the Oscars. I have not....

been able to see it yet and I imagine it will be awhile before it comes to my area, but one thing I know about it is that it has upped the awareness, to many more people, of those families who really need our help. I love my daughter to no end, and am blessed beyond belief to have her, I still believe adoption is a wonderful option. But wouldn’t it be great if we could help keep families together whose only reason to be apart is because of finances? Whether you have seen the movie or not yourself and if your heart is touched to help out before, during, after an adoption, or if this is just where your heart is and you would love to help out a family in need, I want to ask you to please consider helping one of the families through the HOPE House. They have started something called the COP (community outreach program) where they help families that are having a hard time making it on their own. When we give to COP it empowers those same families to stay together and raise their kids in their own neighborhoods. I can only imagine the joy these families would feel to be able to keep their kids home while giving them the opportunity to go to school , get the care they need and all those other things that before just seemed impossible. Won’t you give some hope to a family today?
If this touches your heart please send inquiries of how to sign up to help a family in India to: indiahopehouse@gmail.com


No comments: