Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Learning sounds with a love for India

My baby is only 2 1/2 and already is learning her sounds for reading without my prompting.

I used to work with her older sister on letter sounds when our little girl first came home and she remembers this and still says the sounds. One day she started singing them as our learning song goes and when she came to the letter I sound she said i- i- i- i- India, instead of the way our tape plays it, which is i- i- i- i- Inchworm. I was so surprised when I heard her singing this. It made me happy and proud to hear her make that change on her own and now we sing it that way all the time. She has inspired me to change all the letter sounds to words that relate to India, she is making learning so fun. E will become Elephant and A will become Amma instead of Egg and Apple. We are still working on finding replacements for the O and U. I know I will have a great little reader before too long.

No comments: