Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Incredible India!

Made it to India several days ago and I can't believe it has taken me this long to get a post on here. Here are some of the things I can tell my daughter that I experienced in India.......

The internet does not work lots of the time, electricity goes on and off all the time, takes a longer time to shop in India, the autorickshaws are really fun to ride in and their horns sound like bike horns, but some bus and car horns are REALLY loud and when you go shopping the clothes are mostly not on racks but stacked on shelves and they take each outfit from the package and show it to you until you find one that you like and want to buy, the kids learn in schools by reciting after the teacher much of the day, the kids wear school uniforms to school, I am fortunate to be staying right beside a school and can hear the kids doing their lessons. It is anything but quiet, it was fun listening to them. Most of all I will tell her how beautiful this country is and how wonderful and kind the people here are. The food is the best and you have to drink tons of water because you sweat lots of the time.

I will also tell her when I get home how much I missed her and that I got to meet out sponsered child at the HOPE House. The kids there are so sweet and beautiful.

This has been a dream come true to meet her and the other girls. We get to play with them almost everyday and it is such a blessing to be able to get to know them and not just see them one day or only through letters and pictures. I will try to post more later on what the group did each day while the HOPE House girls were in school.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences in India. Enjoy the trip.