Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Going to India

A little while back I posted that I would be going on a trip. Well, my trip is to India and I leave today! How does this play into adoption? As a parent of my adopted daughter I am going to learn more about her country by going there. I love that I will be able to share what I learn with her as she grows. Wish I was taking her along, and when I told her that I was going, she said, "I India!". She means that she wants to come with me.
Another reason that I am going is to meet the child we sponser at the HOPE House. Stay tuned and I will hopefully keep you updated with what is happening on both accounts. I am surprising our girl there, so it should be lots of fun.

So, my advice as a parent is to absorb what you can about the place that your child
comes from and share it with them as much as you can.

I'm excited!



No comments: