Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

What would you have said?

One day a lady saw both my husband and I and our daughter with us. The lady was adoring her and said how cute she was, so it was not offensive when she asked us where she got her curls from. It sure did take me off guard though as I thought what to answer her.

Obviously she got them from neither of us even if we did have curly hair. Well, luckily my husband fielded that question with telling the lady that we adopted our daughter from India. But later I kept wondering what the best answer would have been especially as our daughter grows up and may become sensitive to this kind of questioning. The best answer I finally thought of was to just to tell the plain truth, that our daughter was blessed with her beautiful curls by God. I imagine the motivation for asking this question was just a pleasant way of trying to find out our relationship to our girl.
So what would you say if someone asked you?

No comments: