Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It’s time to support “Adoption Tax Credit”

If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you know by now that I love my dog. He is very special and he’s been with us for the past 10 years. If I have to choose between my dog and my children, in a snap of a finger I’ll tell you it would be my children. I am sure many of you do. It looks like the Government of India has their priorities reversed. Without beating around the bush, I’ll come to the point straight.

I have been advocating and campaigning for “Adoption Tax Credit” Since May of this year. My goal is to get 100,000 signatures before the budget session of Parliament to get this privilege passed by the Minister of Finance. I hardly got 450 signatures. I do not know how else to convince people that it is the right thing to do in the best interest of India’s children.

Today I read an article on CNN-IBN that made me think how Indian government seems to have misplaced their priorities. I do not want to tell you anymore about this article than to let you read it by yourself but after you read it, please come back with renewed determination to support “Adoption Tax Credit” that I have been campaigning.

[Click Here] to read the article on CNN-IBN

[Click Here] support the “Adoption Tax Credit”

Please don’t forget to share this article with others.

RN

No comments: