Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am still down

I didn’t think that not allowing me to complete my presentation (due to time constraints) would affect as much as it did. I just cannot get this out of mind. I guess the amount of effort that went into to prepare for this presentation, platform and the kind of newer ideas that I brought to the table is what I guess makes me so upset.

Last night I tried to do something to divert my mind but I just couldn’t fall asleep. Only solace is that CARA asked me to give my presentation to them so that they can look at my proposals. I intend to give it to them and also write my proposals on the blog for the people across the globe to read.

I am going to be in New Delhi for few more days to visit a street children’s home. This street children’s home is called “Salaam Balak Trust” started by a movie director of “Salaam Bombay” by Ms. Mira Nair”. We have this problem of street children and I have no idea how to deal with them in term of rehabilitation. So I am visiting them to learn their ways and means of doing work. Hopefully I can get something.

Ruby

No comments: