Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

CARA's full page ad in the newspaper today

I don't know about other newspapers but in today's version of the Hindu, there's a full page ad by CARA listing all the recognized Indian Placement Agencies (RIPA) for prospective adoptive parents (PAPs) to contact.

There are two categories.First one is called "List of Recognised Indian Placement Agencies (RIPA's), and the second one is called "List of organizations receiving grant-in aid from the ministry of women and child development, Government of India for placing orphan/ abandoned children (0-6 years) in in country adoption"

If I am understanding it correctly, the first category is for placing children in inter-country adoption (of course they have to do domestic adoptions too) and the second one is exclusively to do domestic adoptions.

In both the categories, the state of Maharashtra has the highest number of listings. I am sure this list exists in CARA web site too but I am going to save it to create a list to put it on our site. If you, out there wants me to look for any agency for you, send me an email at indiahopehouse@gmail.com and I shall do that for you.

My hats off to CARA and I sure hope that these efforts will start paying off.

RN

No comments: