Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Friday, August 10, 2007

When baby signs, it is.......

Cute & Funny # 8

I have heard other adoptive parents talk about teaching their babies sign language but I thought to myself that it wasn’t necessary as are getting by fine without it and we got by fine with our other kids without sign language. Besides Sananda seems to understand what we are saying and she can point to what she needs or wants, plus she is learning new words all the time. Then one day Sananda started to use gestures when I said certain words. For example: When I ask her if she is all done eating she will lift her hand up in the air with the palm side up. This lets me know she is finished. I thought how cute it is that she is using sign language that she makes up on her own. So now we sign too and it is all the more fun that my baby is the one who started it.

No comments: