Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Attending CARA conference

I am excited that I have been invited by CARA to be their resource person for the upcoming CARA conference. I consider this as an honor and recognition of our efforts to promote the message of adoption in/ from India.

I will be reporting about the conference on this blog and interviewing eminent people in the field of adoption (when and where possible). General information about the conference will be open to everyone on this blog but our exclusive information (such as interviews) will be available to the subscribers of our newsletter - "COLORS". You can read more about subscribing to our free newsletter - "COLORS" on our blog at http://www.indiadoption.blogspot.com/

I am planning to spend a few days longer in New Delhi to make use of this opportunity to meet up policy makers to impress upon them about the issues that I am passionate about reforming. If you have a particular question or a conceren that you would like for me to bring up during this conference, please do write to me at indiahopehouse@gmail.com Ofcourse there are no guarantees that I will fulfill your request but I promise to give it a good try.

Please spread the word around.

Ruby

No comments: