Do you know this?

Now we have a new legislation called "Juvenile & Justice Act, 2015" replacing the JJ Act of 2000. In this new act, adoption has assumed a significant importance with an exclusive chapter. Subscribe and follow this blog for more information in the days to come.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Adoption Q and A # 18

I live in India and want to adopt. I was asked to produce a “Certificate of Infertility” and to say the least, I was embarrassed. Please help.

It’s rubbish. Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA) doesn’t require you to produce anything like that. Think about this: If they are asking you for such a certificate, they are subtly implying that adoption is not meant for the fertile couples. Fertile couples can adopt in India and how on earth are they expected to produce such a certificate?

However, CARA does require you to produce a document on the status of your health. It is simply to be convinced that you’re relatively in good health to place a child in your home.

Have a question? [Click here] to write to us.

No comments: