Do you know this?

There are approximately 18000 parents registered with CARA, while the number of children in the Government's adoption pool is less 1800.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Got it

Today I got a call from Dillon international saying that they had received an e-mail from the US consulate receiving I600 approval and they will be issueing the visa to Lily to come home. I cannot begin to express in words what my feeling are.

We called several travel agents to make travel plans. Atlast around 3:30 PM we got a call from the travel agent saying our confirmed tickets are ready and I am leaving on the 6th of December and returning home on the 13th of December.

When we got the tickets information, we suddenly realized that it is the same day three years ago (December 13th of 2001) our baby girl Lydia Shalini Nakka came home too. Isn't that cool. Both will have the same "adoption day" celebration each year from now on.

I have so many people to thank for in helping us to hang in there during this difficult and long process. But I do want to thank one person whose office intervention certainly seem to have speeded up the process. Our Vice President Mr. Dick Cheney's office acted on our request to help us and to our surprise he did, here we are talking about making travel plans. Thank you Mr. Vice President.

Ruby

No comments: